Sunday, January 3, 2010

Florida

These are all my postcards from my multiple trips to Florida. Just to warn you, there's a lot!

I have a few postcards from this aquarium. We went there two years ago. To be honest, it was just okay. I thought it was kind of expensive to get in, and we didn't really get to see a lot. They were doing renovations as well, so a lot of stuff was closed. Unfortunately, we didn't know about the renovations until we were there. Oh well, I got some good pictures! The bird in this photo is the Roseate Spoonbill.

This is my favorite postcard from the aquarium. One of the best parts of the aquarium was the otters.. I love watching them swim! I took a video of them, haha :)

The back of this postcard says: "Fabulous and rare, sea dragons are fantasies come to life. Their domain is off the coast of Southern Australia, where cool kelp forests and colorful sponge gardens grow on rocky underwater cliffs".

In this postcard, a Cownose Ray is pictured.

The back says: "St. Pete Beach Florida. Sun, sand, and fun on the west coast of Florida along the Gulf of Mexico". We always stay on St. Pete's Beach. I really like it there! The water is always really nice, and there are gorgeous sun sets!

This postcard was sent to us by my aunt, when she was on vacation in Florida. I thought it was pretty funny :)

Here's another one that a friend sent me about 5-6 years ago :) In case you can't read it, the passage on the back says: "The water's warm, the sun shines all the time and there's lots to do. I wish you were here."

This one has the legend of the Sand Dollar. I've always loved sand dollars, but I've never been able to find a whole one :(

I figured this one went with the last one! I actually think I bought them together!

This is the last one I have about legends of sea creatures, haha. But they're interesting to read!

Here's one from Busch Gardens. On the back it says: "The tiger is a solitary animal with a clearly marked territory which may extend up to 400 square miles. It is very agile and swims well. Tigers hunt at night, lying in ambush for a wide variety of prey including deer, buffalo, goats, and small mammals".

The passage on the back states: "The chimpanzee spends most of its time foraging for food in trees and on the ground. It feeds predominately on fruits, but supplements its diet with leaves, nuts, seeds, termites, and ants. DNA studies have confirmed that the chimpanzee is more closely related to humans than any other species".

I'll finish up with the first postcard I got in Florida, on my first trip there in middle school! On the back, it simply states: "Greetings from Florida".

No comments:

Post a Comment