Monday, October 25, 2010

Found at my Uncles House & a Few Berlin Postcards



This postcard was sent from my Grandpa to my Great Grandparents. He was serving in the Navy during World War Two and had two days off, so they went to Georgia. It's postmarked from Savannah Beach, July 21 1945.


This was written to my Great Uncle from a local radio talk show host. His show was "The Bob Steele Show" on WTIC Radio (in Connecticut). Apparently he mentioned my Uncle & his "kids" (which were his baby goats) on his show. This was written in 1975.


This one has no writing or caption on the back. I have no idea who the men on the front are.


This has a Navy Sailor on the front. It is addressed to someone who's name I don't recognize, but it was never mailed and no message was written on it.

This is a postcard from my hometown. They were selling these at our town fair this year. It is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Berlin Railroad Station. It was built in 1900, so the 100th year anniversary was actually 10 years ago. As you can see, the back has a special postmark and railroad stamp.


Here is another postcard from my hometown. I bought this one at our town fair as well. It's celebrating the 225th anniversary of the incorporation of the town, 1785-2010. The front has a few photos of places around town. One the back there is a special postmark as well. The caption on the back says, "The 'Yankee Peddler' originated with the manufacture of tinware in Berlin, CT. This industry was the catalyst for other businesses on the three main streets of Berlin. Shown counterclockwise: Worthington Ridge (formerly Main St), Berlin; East Berlin; and Kensington".

No comments:

Post a Comment